Information on Nominees for 2018:
Additional links and info:
- Join Beto for Senate!
- More on Rick Kennedy: and here
- More on Meg Walsh
- More on Marianne Arnold and here
- More on Josh Wilkinson and here
- More on Celina Vasquez
Want to meet with your representatives in person?
- Request a meeting with Bill Flores here
- Want a meeting with Rep John Raney? Rep Kyle Kacal? Or State Senator Charles Schwertner? Email us at email@example.com and we will contact their staffers!
Resources to track voting behavior and activity in Congress:
- Federal Legislature: want to know what Flores, Cornyn and Cruz are voting on and how they voted? Check out these key resources!
- Track how often they vote with Trump
- You can also sign up to receive email updates on key votes from our representative and Senators using MegaVote.
- And see what is “Coming up” in a given week using Countable.us
- Texas Legislature (not in session):
Local Government tools:
- Live in Bryan? Here are your city council members and mayor. Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. “Hear Citizens” begins at 5:30pm, meeting begins at 6pm.
- Live in College Station? Here are your city council members and mayor. Meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7pm.
Indivisible Guide Resources
The main Indivisible Team has published many great resources:
- Great Resources to Resist Trump
- Find a Group
- Register a Group
- Group Leader Toolkit
- Show Up (for group meetings and actions)
We take information security seriously, and so should you. (Read past articles from Indivisible Austin on Security.) Here are some tools we either use or have researched.
Social Media Policy
If we boiled our policy down to one rule, it would be: Make it local. There are thousands of advocacy groups out there; the way to make yours stand out is to become an expert on your turf.
We developed these guidelines mainly for Facebook and Twitter. You are welcome to borrow them for your Indivisible group.
|Broadcast what specific issues we’re contacting our reps about on each day||Post general information about Trump’s tweets or other embarrassments (there are enough accounts that do that)–unless you have a local angle such as tagging one of our reps and asking their stance.|
|Retweet / Repost our reps with comments that keep them honest.||Circulate petitions or other memes that aren’t directly connected to congresspeople|
|Post our reps’ PUBLIC schedules (Town Halls, ribbon-cuttings, press conferences, etc.) so followers know where to stage protests.||Post anything about covert actions or anything with personally identifiable information about anyone.|
|Retweet / share @BCS_Indivisible from your personal account–as long as you feel safe doing so||Retweet / share your personal posts from @BCS_Indivisible –this is not a platform to boost your personal brand!|
If you like our website and want to design one for your local group it’s not too hard! You don’t need to be a programmer to have a website. We recommend Indivisible.blue to help you get going. Its founder has been a part of Indivisible Austin and TX-10 Indivisible from the beginning and is super helpful.